The Shutdown event tracker is one of the most annoying features in windows 2008 to disable it follow these instructions
Configure the Shutdown Event Tracker
- Click Start, Run, and then enter gpedit.msc. Click OK.
- The Group Policy Object Editor console opens.
- In the left pane, expand Computer Configuration, and then Administrative Templates.
- Click System
- In the right pane, find and double-click the Display Shutdown Event Tracker.
- When the Display Shutdown Event Tracker Properties dialog box opens, select one of the following options:
- Not Configured
- If you select the Enabled option, you can choose between the following options to specify when the Shutdown Event Tracker should be displayed:
- Always: This option is self explanatory.
- Server Only: When selected, the Shutdown Event Tracker is displayed for only Windows Server 2003/2008 servers.
- Workstation Only: When selected, the Shutdown Event Tracker is displayed for only Windows XP Professional workstations.
- If you want to view help information on the Shutdown Event Tracker application, click the Explain tab.
- Click OK, and then close the Group Policy Object Editor console.